Wednesday, June 1, 2011

All Excuses are Off!

Then the servant with the one bag of silver came and said, ‘Master, I knew you were a harsh man, harvesting crops you didn’t plant and gathering crops you didn’t cultivate.  I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it in the earth. Look, here is your money back.’
“But the master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate, why didn’t you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.’
“Then he ordered, ‘Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver. To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.  Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’…..Matthew 25:24-30
These are Dad’s words, not ours, but we will keep singing this song Until The Whole World Hears…..and reacts!
The following is an email I recently received from my wife in Ethiopia:
Just wanted to update you all on the Korah Dump Trip. Korah is a Hebrew word for Cursed. There are currently 75,000 people living in this community - most are descendants of lepers that were forced out by family and society due to their disease. There is such a horrible odor from the dump that when the Korah people go into Addis to look for work they are rejected b/c of their smell. The children try to go to school but are called bad words by the teachers because of their odor - so the children just don't go back. We have met two young men while we are here that were two of nine children randomly picked from the dump and sent to boarding school. Yemamu has bachelor's degree in business and is now going back to Korah to start an organization. He has all of the government licenses and is required to do monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for accountability. He is only 25 years old - but has a glowing testimony of how Jesus changed his life. We watched a documentary that was produced about life in Korah - it is difficult to watch children eat food right off the top of the garbage heap - but it is necessary to understand what their lives are about - Drew is working with Yemamu, hopefully, to produce the film in English - Unfortunately, many "Christian" organizations are raising money for Korah - but the money never gets to the dump. There is more corruption than I could imagine. We have a lot of confidence in these young men - their families still live in the community around the dump. I will share more when I get home - but wanted my family to start praying. My life will never be the same - and I know that I am to respond in some way - please pray that God will be clear in what ways that will be. We met a man that lost his fingers to leprosy (sp?) yesterday - he weaves door mats at the hospital to earn money - these folks do NOT ask for handouts - they ask for a chance to earn money - their dignity blows me away. So please begin to pray with me. Love you all - can't wait to get home.
Circumstances as such are completely unacceptable and fall squarely on the shoulders of us as the professing body of Christ as Dad declared in the enclosed blog I shared a while back.  And because He has fully equipped us to address the problem as presented in this other enclosed blog, we will be without excuse and in the words of Lucy’s husband, “have some explaining to do”, if this situation is still the same when big brother Jesus returns.   Finally, Dad equipping us to address the issue of poverty all over the world exposes both our greed wrapped up in extreme capitalism and the fact that emails suggesting that we only take care of people in our own back yard are ignorant.  Dad has equipped us to address it all and the entire world is our backyard!   
With that, please and absorb the enclosed info, pass on as led to, pray and listen to Dad, and then do what He lays on your heart to do in response.  With that, may He continue to bless us all, His whole world, richly!


No comments:

Post a Comment