Thursday, November 15, 2012

My "Theology"

You are my son whom I love and in you I am well pleased!  Love, Dad

God has been revealing to me over the last few years that He is my firm, but loving, Dad and everyone around me, including you;-) are my brothers and sisters.  This, in all its simplicity, is my "theology," the lens through which I view the world I live in and through which I will share through this blog.

As a result of this view, I am excited to see who all Dad continues to use me to reach through things such as this blog.  For those Dad may lead to read this who think they are okay without Him, He loves you too and could use this to reveal that to you.

I suspect though those who will really enjoy this blog the most are those who know their lives are broken and not as they should be or at least are suspicious of it;-).  Truth is, to one degree or another, all our lives are broken and Dad is the only one that can properly piece (or peace;-) it all back together the way it was intended to be. 

This blog is dedicated to those who know they are broken and are tired of the version of God religion has fed us for years and want to exchange it for a genuine, intimate and , as a result, often messy relationship with Dad and others.  My Dad, our Dad, is alive and well and my daily experiences with Him combined with the history book He provided me of my ancestors experiences with Him (The Bible) is proof of that.

It is through this theology or lens that this blog will be shared.  Yes, this is the "kool-aid" this stand is offering, the scandolously sweet drink I ingest nonstop everyday (John 4:13-14), and the kind this blog is inviting you to try as well.  Thanks and may Dad continue to bless you all richly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment